With 224 long stay beds, Huron Lodge offers three accommodation choices; Basic, Semi-Private and Private. The cost of long-term care is a standard set rate across Ontario. This means that all long-term care homes have to charge the same price for their accommodations. These rates are set by the Ministry of Long-Term Care. The current rates are as follows:
- Basic: $65.32 daily or $1,986.82 monthly
- Semi-private: $78.75 daily or $2,395.32 monthly
- Private: $93.32 daily or $2,838.49 monthly
Residents living in a basic accommodation may be eligible for a rate reduction. Eligibility will be determined at the time of admission.
Each of our rooms have been designed to ensure residents have a private sleeping area. Residents in basic and semi-private rooms share a bathroom with one other resident. Residents living in a private room will have a personal bathroom.
Incidental costs are costs for services that are available to our residents but fall outside of their monthly accommodation charge. These include:
- Hairdresser or barber
- Outside excursions - bus trips
- Foot care
- Dental care
- Cable television
- Payment can be made through the Resident Financial Coordinator by cheque or pre-authorized payment.
- Banking hours are available and are posted on the door at the main office.