Clerk's Note: All members of Council shall meet as a Striking Committee as soon as convenient after the inaugural meeting of Council to make recommendations on the appointment of members to the various Council Committees, and other Boards, Commissions and Agencies, in accordance with the City of Windsor Council Appointment Policy. Appointment of members to the various Committees, Boards, Commissions and Agencies may be for any duration up to and including the full term of the Council, or until their successors are appointed. Applications to serve on various committees along with the application process/deadlines will be posted to this webpage in the near future.
Executive Committee Model Structure
Four Standing Committees have been adopted as follows:
1. Executive Committee
2. Planning, Heritage & Economic Development Standing Committee
Public Safety Standing Committee
3. Environment, Transportation & Public Safety Standing Committee
Economic Development Standing Committee
4. Social Development, Health and Culture Standing Committee
- With this new structure, City Council will meet twice a month, and each Standing Committee will meet once a month.
- Advisory Committees will report through their respective Standing Committees to Council.
- Boards and Commissions will continue to report as per their founding legislation, but they will provide information updates through their respective Standing Committees.
- Council at its meeting held August 27, 2012 reconfigured the six standing committees to four standing committees by merging the Economic Development Standing Committee with the Planning Standing Committee; and the Public Safety Standing Committee with the Environment & Transportation Standing Committee (CR195/2012).
City Council and Standing Committee Schedule
Visit the City Council Meetings page.
Council Services Department
350 City Hall Square West, Room 530
Windsor, Ontario N9A 6S1
Phone: For general inquiries, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6432
Fax: (519) 255-6868