Commemorative Tree Program
- Trees are living, growing, renewing and majestic. As part of our global awareness of the environment, trees (particularly the urban forest) play a very significant role.
- The Commemorative Tree Program, administered by Parks and Recreation, allows you to participate in a very special way in the greening of our city. For a very reasonable fee, you may donate a tree to be planted in City parkland and maintained by City personnel.
- A commemorative tree may be donated in memory of a loved one, to celebrate a marriage or birth, to honour a retiree, as a gift for a graduating student, or for any other special occasion.
- The tree will be planted in an appropriate site, as chosen by the Manager of Forestry and Horticulture, and can additionally be marked with an engraved plaque (optional).
Donate a Commemorative Tree
- Applications for commemorative trees are accepted throughout the year, and trees are planted as climate conditions permit. Applicants for commemorative trees may choose from a variety of trees. These trees have been specially chosen for their growth potential in Windsor and as complements to the existing urban forest. All costs of planting a commemorative tree are borne by the applicant.
The current cost, which includes the tree, planting, and initial watering is $500.
An optional flush mounted plaque suitable for inscription is available for an additional $580. Prices subject to change.
Trees are City property, and as such will be maintained by the City.
Make a Donation
- In addition to our commemorative tree program, cash donations (tax deductible) are accepted to help defray the costs of planting and maintaining trees throughout the city. Please feel free to contribute whatever you feel is appropriate (minimum $25). Cheques should be made payable to the City of Windsor and clearly marked for Forestry.
Further information can be obtained by calling Parks and Recreation at (519) 253-2300.
To Order: Please print and complete the attached Commemorative Tree Order Form and mail along with cheque payment or credit card number to:
Parks and Recreation
2450 McDougall Street
Windsor, Ontario, Canada N8X 3N6
Attn: Manager of Forestry & Horticulture
Telephone: For general information, call 311.
For detailed inquiries, call (519) 253-2300.