Thompson Park

In 1947, the City purchased approximately six acres of residential property from Mrs. Elaine MacKay and converted the land into open park space. Twenty years later, Princess Elizabeth Park was renamed Thompson Park, and the park was expanded when portions of several streets, including Thompson Boulevard, Edgar Street and North National Street, were closed. In 1991, a modern creative play unit was installed in Thompson Park.