Objective D3: Consider Environmental Design in Newly Constructed or Retrofitted Municipal Buildings
The following actions are needed to complete this objective:
- Consider environmental design in all new buildings and retrofits.
- Encourage the use of cool roofs for municipal buildings.
- Continue the reuse of existing buildings (and materials) where it is environmentally friendly and cost-effective.
- Recycle building materials where possible.
- Require partners to consider environmental design.
These indicators show the progress the City is making to achieve this objective:
- Municipal Green Building Standard
- Cool Roof Policy
For more information on Environmental Initiatives
Phone: For general inquiries, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call 519-253-7111 ext. 3226.