Objective D1: Decrease Community Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
The following actions are needed to complete this objective:
- Work with stakeholders to implement the Community Energy Plan.
- Complete a business case for district energy expansion.
- Complete detailed energy mapping of the city to support economic business cases and future policy decision relating to energy.
- Work to create an education campaign for residents (to create demand) and builders (to create supply) about the environmental and financial benefits of energy efficient homes and businesses.
- Investigate the possibility of reducing development charges for developers of energy efficient homes and businesses.
- Explore the potential for a deep energy retrofit program for homes and businesses.
These indicators show the progress the City is making to achieve this objective:
- District Energy Business Case
- Detailed energy mapping
- Deep Energy Retrofit Program
- Community green house gas emissions (Goal A)
Community Greenhouse Gas Emissions Indicator
This indicator strongly relates to the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Indicator located in Goal A, Community Green House Gas Emissions. To learn more on the matter, head to the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Indicator
For more information on environmental initiatives:
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call 519-255-6100 ext. 6127.