Residential Bulk Furniture Collection
General Program Update:
The program has been expanded from a seasonal service to a year-round service (effective December 2019); please read the details below for further information on how the program works.
The cost per item continues to be only $10.00 to collect, up to a maximum of two items per household per collection period.
Please feel free to call 311 with any questions or for further details on the program.
- Residential properties that receive curbside municipal collection of waste and/or recycling are eligible.
- Residential properties that receive municipal alley collection are also eligible but must place items at the curb in order to properly identify the address belonging to the item(s).
- Multi-level dwellings consisting of five or more units and commercial/industrial properties are not eligible.
- There will be two collections scheduled in each zone per month.
- Space is limited, so call 311 early to book a pickup.
- Maximum of two items per residential address, per collection.
- $10.00 per item, tax included (one item = $10.00, two items = $20.00).
- All bulk furniture items must be place at the curb.
- Place items curbside before 6:00 a.m. the day of your scheduled pickup but not earlier than 7:00 p.m. the night before per Municipal By-law 2-2006.
- Item(s) must weigh 200 lbs./90 kg and under.
- Item(s) cannot be wider than 1.2 metres/4 feet.
- Item(s) cannot be longer than 2.4 metres/8 feet.
- Item(s) must be able to be lifted by a two person work crew.
- Item(s) must be prepared properly.
- No bulk items will be picked up in garbage bags.
The City of Windsor encourages residents to reuse or recycle any bulk furniture items that may still be in good condition:
Reuse the item: Donate items to an organization that will accept used good furniture.
Redistribute the item: Offer items in good condition to family or friends who could put them to good use.
Repurposes the item: Can the item be painted or repaired easily for another use?
Booking a Pickup:
- Ensure item(s) you wish to book for bulk furniture collection meet the acceptable items list.
- Call 311, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays to book a pickup. 311 will advise you of available dates for pickup.
- Credit Card (Visa/Mastercard): 311 will process payment at time of booking.
- Cash/Debit: After booking the pickup with 311, you will be directed to one of the Customer Care Centres.
- Payment must be received no later than the Friday of the week prior to your scheduled pickup date, otherwise your service will be cancelled without notice. Your service request (SR) number is required to process payments at Customer Care Centre locations.
- Call 311 to cancel or reschedule a pickup.
- Cancellation requests must be received no later than the Friday of the week prior to your scheduled pickup date. After this time, no cancellations/refunds will be issued.
- Refunds will be processed within 30 days by cheque only.
- Cancellations must be made by the person who initially booked the pickup.
Public Works, Environmental Division
3540 North Service road East
Phone: For general information, call 311.