See our Recycling Guide.
Red and Blue Boxes
*Please be advised we are currently out of blue and red recycle bins until the middle of October. Please check back for updates or call 311 for further information.*
- All new homeowners can pick up their first recycling Red and Blue Boxes free at the Environment Services Administration office located at North Service Road East and Central, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (See note above.)
- Replacement or additional Red and Blue Boxes can be purchased at all participating Home Hardware stores.
- Consider writing your name and address on your Blue and Red Boxes in case they are lost, stolen or if the wind has blown them away.
- Recycling is collected on a bi-weekly schedule. Please refer to your Residential Collection Calendar.
- Recycling can be brought to the Public Drop Off Depot for free.
City of Windsor Apartment Recycling Initiative
- For information on Apartment Recycling, please contact Essex-Windsor Solid Waste Authority (EWSWA) at (519) 776-6441 ext. 1395, 1-800-563-3377 or the Environmental Services Department at (519) 974-1010.
- If you are holding a special outdoor event and would like free recycling service please contact Essex Windsor Solid Waste Authority at 1-800-563-3377 to arrange for special event recycling. This is a year round, free service, so register early - first come, first served.
Public Works, Environmental Division
3540 North Service Road East
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 974-2277 ext. 3121.
Fax: (519) 944-3161