Parking Officers Misconceptions
There are a lot of common misconceptions regarding the Parking Enforcement outside contractor, the Commissionaires of Ottawa - Windsor Division. This pages is going to hopefully clear some of your misconceptions up for you.
False Comments and/or Statements About Officers
They do not ...
- Have a monthly quota to meet
- Receive bonuses for ticket amounts
- Wait in bushes, behind trees or other locations watching and waiting to issue tickets
- Follow residents around (i.e. pick on individuals)
- Repair meters
- Remember your vehicle and if you have a permit or not
- Wait for meters to expire
They are not ...
- To take handouts/tips/gifts in lieu of issuing a penalty notice (parking tickets)
- To look through driver and passenger windows in detail to try and find a permit/time ticket (i.e. on floor of vehicle) Driver must assure that these are visible
- Able to look up a permit number to see if a Accessible Parking Permit is current or not
- Allowed to cancel tickets after they have been issued, unless it is an officer’s error.
True Comments and/or Statements About Officers
They do ...
- Have a job, they are to enforce the parking by-law 9023
- Only have a maximum of five officers working at a time to cover ENTIRE city, per shift
- Rotate beats/sections throughout City
- Take photos of you in violation if they issue a ticket
- Frequently visit “timed” locations when they mark a vehicle
They are ...
- To get out of their vehicles to look for permits/time tickets clearly displayed on Dash/mirror
- Able to park in a violation when performing City of Windsor business as per the City Bylaw
- To look through driver and passenger windows to try and see a permit/time ticket (i.e. on flipped up visor or car seats)
For questions or more information, please contact:
Parking Enforcement Office
1266 McDougall Street
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday (holidays excluded) - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6298, email email@example.com or fax (519) 255-9467.