Are You Looking to Hire or Do You Need to Train Existing Workers?
The City of Windsor’s Employment and Training Services (ETS) can assist with the following:
Job Matching and Placement Incentives
We have Job Developers who are able to assist employers with job matching services and placement incentives. The following are some of the services available to assist employers:
- Access to skilled job candidates
- Pre-screening of job candidates for skills and qualifications
- Needs assessment for job matching
- Training placement incentives to offset the cost of training new hires
- Coaching and mentoring for employers and new hires over the training period to address issues and concerns
- Posting of job opportunities on the ETS Website
Facilities to Hold Job Fairs
Our facilities in Suite 101 at 400 City Hall Square East, Windsor are available for job fairs. We can assist you with marketing and planning your job fair. A room in our Resource Centre will be made available for your staff to conduct interviews and meet with candidates. Our trained staff are available for job fair assistance as needed.
Canada Ontario Job Grant
The Canada Ontario Job Grant (COJG) will provide direct financial support to individual employers who wish to purchase training for their employees. It will be available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training (under 1 year in duration) to existing and new employees, and will:
- Provide up to $15,000 in government support per person for training costs for unemployed individuals hired by small employers (under 100 employees); and
- Up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs for incumbent staff working for small and large employers
If you are an employer with a particular skills demand, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant might be right for you.
Apply for the Canada-Ontario Job Grant
Do you have questions about the Canada Ontario Job Grant? You can review the Question & Answers found at the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, as well as review the Employer Presentation.
Funding is provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada Job Grant. Funding is also provided by the Government of Ontario.
Apprenticeship Signing Bonus
- Available for our clients who begin an apprenticeship; and
- Employers receive $1,000 at apprenticeship sign-up and an additional $1,000 at six months, if still employed.
ETS prides itself on providing high-quality no-charge employment services and client matching that helps reconnect the unemployed with suitable employment opportunities. Call us today at 519-977-6444, or send an email to email@example.com.
Your job is out there. We’ll help you find it.