What is 211?
211 is an information and referral service that provides the people of Ontario with reliable information on community and social services. When you dial 211, you are connected with a Certified Information and Referral Specialist who has been trained to assess your needs, answer your questions accurately, and advise you about the services and programs that are best for you and your loved ones.
What kind of services can 211 tell me about?
With information from more than 56,000 services and agencies across the province of Ontario, we are able to provide assistance on a wide range of topics. These include, but are not limited to:
- Abuse (including sexual assault)
- Child and family services
- Consumer protection and complaints
- Emergency and crisis services
- Employment, education and training
- Financial assistance
- Food and clothing
- General community services
- Government officials
- Legal issues
- Multicultural associations
- Settlement and newcomer services
- Youth services
For more information, please visit the 211 Ontario website.