Step 1 - Who can be a delegation
Any person(s), group(s), corporation(s), or organization(s), excluding Council members or appointed
officials of the City of Windsor, can register as a delegation to speak on a particular item listed on
the Council Agenda.
Step 2 - When can I register
City Council and Standing Committee Meetings
You must register by 12:00 o'clock noon on Friday prior to the meeting to be listed as a delegate. For any
registration after this deadline, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at (519) 255-6432 with your request.
Step 3 - How do I register
You must submit your request in one of the following ways:
- Online – Getting your delegation has never been easier! Create an account with MyWindsor to experience a streamlined delegation
process. You can access your past delegation requests at any time. Your MyWindsor account can
also be used for other City of Windsor online services too. Don't want to create an account? No
problem, we're still offering the online service
without a MyWindsor account.
- By phone – at (519) 255-6432 available Monday through Friday from
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- In person – The Office of the City Clerk is located in Suite 530 of 350 City Hall Square West.
The following information is required to register as a delegate:
- Full Name
- Ward OR the Organization that you'd like to speak on behalf of and your title at this Organization
- Contact information
- The meeting and the item or description of the item you'd like to speak to
- Note: Your name may become part of
the public record in an electronic and print format
Incomplete information may result in the rejection of your request.
Step 4 - Additional Information
Agendas can be found online by clicking City Council
Delegations must adhere to the following rules in accordance with Council's Procedure By-law 98-2011:
- One person should be selected to speak on behalf of a group
- Five minute limit for delegations
- The display of placards and signs is prohibited
- Audiovisual equipment may be used to assist in presentations to Council. You must submit your
request by 12:00 o'clock noon on the Friday prior to the meeting. For any audiovisual equipment after this
deadline, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at (519) 255-6432 to consider your request.
- Delegations shall not speak disrespectfully of any person or use offensive words.
Written submissions are also encouraged. If received by the Office of the City Clerk by noon the Friday
before the meeting, your letter or e-mail will be copied and distributed to Council for review.
If you have any questions or inquires, please contact:
Office of the City Clerk
Suite 530, 350 City Hall Square West
Windsor, Ontario N9A 6S1
Phone: (519) 255-6432
Fax: (519) 255-6868