Downtown Windsor Streetscape Improvements
The City is continuing the process of improving the streetscape and upgrading underground utilities within portions of the downtown area (refer to Project Area below).
- Phase 1, Ouellette Avenue between Pitt Street and University Avenue was completed in 2006.
- Phase 2, Ouellette Avenue between University Avenue and Park Street was completed in 2007.
- Phase 3, Ouellette Avenue between Park Street and Wyandotte Street was completed in 2009.
- Phase 4, Maiden Lane West and Phase 5, Pelissier Street, University to Wyandotte, 2010.
Projected timelines for future construction work:
- Phase 6, Ouellette Avenue, Wyandotte to Elliott.
The City retained the services of Dillion/ENVision Consultants to assist in the preparation of concept plans, contract documents and construction supervision of the streetscape improvement and utility upgrades.
The Downtown Windsor Business Improvement Association (DWBIA), as a partner has been assisting in the decision-making process and planning for minimal disruptions to business activity during the construction period. The DWBIA is also a funding partner.
All streetscape improvements and utility upgrades are focused along:
- Ouellette Avenue (between Pitt Street and Elliot Street)
- Pelissier Street (between University Avenue and Wyandotte Street West)
- Maiden Lane West (between Ouellette Avenue and Pelissier Street)
(Click the map for a full size version.)
For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, contact us at:
Planning & Building Services Department
Suite 210, 350 City Hall Square West
Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9A 6S1
Phone: (519) 255-6543
Fax: (519) 255-6544