Community Heritage Fund
The Community Heritage Fund was created to assist in the acquisition and conservation of designated heritage properties.
The objective of the fund is to encourage the conservation of the City's built heritage. The City of Windsor, assisted by the Province of Ontario (Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport) has established a Heritage Fund to provide financial assistance to owners wishing to acquire and/or conserve designated heritage properties.
- The property must be located in the City of Windsor and designated by by-law as a heritage site pursuant to Parts IV and V of the Ontario Heritage Act, 1974.
- Projects involving the restoration of original existing or documented architectural features mentioned in the Reasons for Designation in the by-law are eligible for funding.
- The conservation of some features not mentioned in the Reasons for Designation, but necessary to maintain the heritage features referred to in the Reasons, may also be eligible. This does not include heating, plumbing, air conditioning, etc., which are the normal responsibility of the owner.
- Restoration of significant architectural features original to the property but lost over time may be considered for funding. Documentary evidence (plans, drawings and/or photographs) must accompany the application.
- The Fund might assist with payment of fees for architects and engineers, and feasibility studies related to the restoration of designated properties, when related physical work proceeds.
For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, contact us at:
Planning & Building Services Department
Suite 320, 350 City Hall Square West
Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9A 6S1
Phone: (519) 255-6543
Fax: (519) 255-6544