Site Plan Review Process
Applicants are encouraged to engage the Site Plan Review team as early as possible in the design process. The pre-consultation process will advise on the appropriate development application(s), identify any concerns or issues through a cursory review of the proposal and provide recommendation towards fulfilling specific requirements and objectives, as may be required.
2. Making your application
Applications for Site Plan Approval will be accepted online though our digital platform provided by Cloudpermit. Please click on the button below to submit a Site Plan Control application:
Upon receipt of a complete application, inclusive of all required drawings and appropriate fee, the following processes will be executed:
- A Letter of Acknowledgment, identifying acceptance of the application and receipt for payment rendered will be forwarded.
- The application and accompanying documentation will be circulated to various departments and agencies, internal and external, as required by the specifics of the proposal, for review and commentary.
- Review comments and requests will be used by the Site Plan Review team towards the preparation of a Draft Site Plan Review Report.
- The Draft Site Plan Review Report is typically organized into four sections, consisting of the following: (1) Draft Recommendation, (2) Drawing Revisions, as applicable, (3) Conditions of the Site Plan Approval Agreement and (4) Circulation Comments.
- The Site Plan Review team will issue a Draft Site Plan Review Report within 30 days from the date of receipt of a completed application. If drawing revisions have been requested, it will be the responsibility of the applicant to address the revision request and forward revised drawings prior to the Site Plan Review team preparing the Site Plan Review Report.
3. Site Plan Review Report
The Site Plan Review Report will be prepared by the Site Plan Review team, upon receipt of revised drawings where applicable, and issued to the applicant and applicable departments. Direction will be provided to the corporation’s legal department to commence preparation of the Site Plan Approval Agreement.
4. Site Plan Approval Agreement
The Site Plan Approval Agreement will be prepared and issued by the corporation’s legal department; the owner will be provided a copy of the agreement for their review and signature. Upon receipt of the signed agreement, the corporation’s legal department will register it on title of the subject lands.
5. Fulfillment of the Agreement/Meeting the Approval Conditions
The owner shall commence fulfillment of the conditions and provisions of the agreement. Pre-permit conditions of the Site Plan Approval Agreement can in large be executed throughout the Site Plan Review process in a proactive manner, should the owner wish to expedite the receipt of a building permit.