City Parks

Reflecting pond at Jackson Park

There are 205 parks within the city of Windsor, comprising approximately 2,558 acres of parks, open space and natural areas. Based on Council direction, some of our city parks were renamed to avoid duplication and/or confusion, such as Kinsmen Norman Road and Kinsmen Chatham Street. Some were combined into other adjacent parkland, Broadway Park becoming part of Black Oak Heritage for example. As a result, the physical number of parks was reduced from 209 to 204. The inventory of parkland acreage remained unchanged until November 2021 when the City entered into an agreement with the Detroit River Tunnel Company to operate and maintain Gateway Park adding 12.7 acres and bringing the total number of parks to 205.

A number of parks are listed below. Click a specific amenity to filter by that amenity. For location information of all parks within Windsor, please visit MappMyCity.​​

During the construction of the E.C. Row Expressway, Indian artifacts were discovered and moved to this site. A portion of the park is a memorial for indigenous peoples and is left in a natural state....

Originally established as Rossini Park in 1951, the Alpha Kai Omega (AKO) Fraternity began exploring how to become involved in the future development of the park when the City was constructing an athl...

Ideal location for smaller weddings in the gazebo with excellent views of the Detroit River. 
Named in honour of Viscount Alexander of Tunis, Canada's Governor General in 1959.
Healing Garden:...

This neighbourhood park was named in honour of Alton C. Parker, the first black officer on the Windsor Police Force. Alton Parker began his career in 1942, and in 1953 he became the first black detect...

Assumption North Park is the western boundary for the Windsor Sculpture Park and the beginning of the walking and cycling path named Roy Battagello Riverwalk.

Assumption Park was the location of the first Roman Catholic Parish west of Montreal, Assumption Parish, built in 1787. Until 1952, Assumption Park was part of Assumption College, today known as the U...

Atkinson Park is a busy, vibrant recreational facility. A soccer field, outdoor swimming pool and skateboard park attract local youth. The outdoor pool is open from late June until Labour Day.
Fri...

Avon Court Park was obtained in 1957 as part of the development agreement. Neighbourhood children have enjoyed playing on various play equipment in the park since 1994.

This small neighbourhood park at the intersection of Grand Marais and Bruce Avenue adjacent to the E.C Row Expressway has a small play unit and open green space for enjoyment of the surrounding neighb...

Balsamo Park is a small neighbourhood park with a play unit and open green space. It was acquired in 2003 as part of the neighbourhood development.

Bellewood Park is a six-acre neighbourhood park funded by the City of Windsor and Wintario.

The Bert Weeks Memorial Gardens are named in honour of the former mayor who worked tirelessly to protect the riverfront from development. During his 40 years of public service, including eight years a...

Black Oak Heritage Park supports one of the finest stands of black oak in Southwestern Ontario and is home to such nesting birds as Scarlet Tanager, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Eastern Bluebird and Cooper...

The park was originally acquired in the 1940s and expanded with the purchase of additional residential lots that became available in the 1970s. The park is home to play equipment, a walking path, tree...

Dog Park Temporary Closure:
The off-leash dog park in Broadway Park has been temporarily closed since December 2015 due to construction in the area for the new bridge plaza.
In 2004, a portio...

This small neighbourhood park on the shore of the Detroit River is named after Major General Isaac Brock, a skilled military strategist who led the Upper Canada forces to victory in the War of 1812. T...

Brookview Park is a small neighbourhood park on Brookview Cresent adjacent to the adjoining Grand Marais Drain Trail that runs along the south side of the Grand Marais Drain between Howard Avenue and...

In the early 1980s, the Bruce Avenue Citizens' Committee began meeting with Parks and Recreation Department officials to discuss the possibility of establishing a new park in the area. Appropriately,...

Named in honour of the many contributions made to the city by former Parks and Recreation Commissioner Harry Brumpton and his wife Juanita, the land for Brumpton Park was dedicated by the developer of...

One of the wooded parks in the Forest Glade area, Bush Park is appropriately named. The subdivision developer provided the parcel of land for use as a public park as part of a subdivision agreement. A...

Cadillac Street Park sits just off Riverside Drive between Cadillac Street and Drouilard Road. It can also be accessed from Wyandotte Street. It is a small park with less than one quarter of an acre o...

Captain John Wilson was a Windsor fire fighter who died February 1955, three hours after rescuing a child from a burning house. He suffered heart failure due to smoke inhalation. 2005 was the 50th ann...

A small neighbourhood park with a basketball key.

Centennial Park was officially dedicated and opened on July 1, 1967, Canada's 100th birthday. A time capsule, donated by the Ingram family, was sealed that day and will be opened in the year 2067. The...

Many changes have been made to Central Park over the years to ensure that it remains a vibrant recreational location in South Windsor. The outdoor pool is now a leisure pool with a beach entry, water...

Occupying one block of the four-block Civic Esplanade that links City Hall to Riverside Drive, Charles J. Clark Square is named in honour of former lawyer Charles J. Clark, Q.C.
The square featur...

Named after the famous Polish composer, Chopin Park occupies land previously owned by Windsor's Scottish Regimental Association. In response to a request by several members of the local Polish‑Canadia...

The southernmost of the four-park Civic Esplanade, City Hall Square is a lush, superbly manicured park that provides a tranquil setting for visitors to the City Hall area. Although City Hall Square an...

Funds for the redesigns of Windsor Avenue Parkette were received from Casino Windsor (now Caesars Windsor) to provide for increased pedestrian use. A series of gradual undulations in the lawn, growing...

This former parking lot located north of Riverside Drive, east of the Spirit of Windsor and west of McDougall Street has been converted into a greened area, which is available for additional special e...

Extending beyond Lauzon Road to Isabella Place and Wyandotte Street lies the Clairview Bikeway section of the Ganatchio Trail. This section made up of residential streets and quiet, landscaped paved p...

The site of Clay Park was bequeathed to Windsor in 1915 by the Davis family, who had previously farmed on this area. In 1917, the property was placed under the jurisdiction of the Parks Board and form...

The College Avenue Bikeway is on the north side of College Aveue between Prince Road and Brock Street. This aesthetically pleasing, undeveloped buffer strip separates the residential area and rail lin...

Compton Court Park was developed as a small treed greenspace in the boulevard of Compton Court when the subdivision was built.

Cora Greenwood Park was developed in 2001-2002 and is a six-acre neighbourhood park. It is a popular baseball park.

A showplace and tourist attraction on the banks of the Detroit River, Coventry Garden was designed for relaxation and recreation and as a place of civic pride.
Each year, thousands of visitors en...

This park runs along the south side of College Avenue and offers recreational facilities to the community. The now-closed College Avenue Community Centre is located east of the park. Even though the n...

Nestled in this South Windsor neighbourhood, Curry Park provides street parking for two baseball diamonds and a variety of play equipment.

Though sometimes confused with Curry Park, Curry Playlot is a much smaller one-acre park north of Tecumseh Road. True to its playlot name, this park has always been home to a variety of play equipment...

The site of Dawson Road Playground was once part of a larger tract of farmland owned by R.B. Dawson in the last half of the nineteenth century. Currently, an assortment of playground equipment is avai...

Situated behind Place Concorde (formerly the Polonia Community Centre), Derwent Park became surplus land with the development of the E.C. Row Expressway. The Ministry of Transport Ontario has owned 75...

Devonshire Heights Park is a 5-acre neighbourhood park with an accessible play unit, parking lot and baseball diamond.

Dieppe Gardens are named in memory of the many members of the Essex-Kent Scottish Regiment who lost their lives during the World War II landing at Dieppe, France in 1942. The park is heavily planted w...

Dynasty Park is a 2-acre park acquired in 1999 when the neighbourhood it serves was being developed. It has open green space, trees and a play unit.

Located in a relatively secluded area at the end of Clairview Street, this sparsely wooded three-acre park includes some recreational amenities.

This 45-acre park features walking and cycling trails within a naturalized setting. It is a great location for picnicking and relaxing by Blue Heron Lake.
Highlights
Blue Heron Lake

Like neighbouring Peche Island Landing, East Riverview Park is primarily a rest area or vest pocket park along the waterfront. Overlooking the Detroit River, the site is equipped with park benches.

The City purchased the land for Lakeshore Woods from a developer in 1997. The park was renamed and officially dedicated in honour of former Windsor Mayor Elizabeth Kishkon on September 15, 2017. The a...

This small neighbourhood park offers playground equipment to area residents. The Department of Parks and Recreation refurbished the site in 1991, installing a new creative play unit and upgrading the...

Converting a former parking lot located north of Riverside Drive, east of Piazza Udine and west of Glengarry Avenue has provided the City of Windsor with a festival and special event space.  The Civic...

Firgrove Boulevard Park is composed of 2.2 acres of beautifully treed boulevards down the centre median of Firgrove Drive creating a greenway through the neighbourhood. As such, it isn't a traditional...

Although neighbourhood residents were pleased when the City formally established Rivard Park in 1967, a 1968 meeting with the Department of Parks and Recreation's director of parks saw these same resi...

Ford Test Track, a 59-acre park, is a major venue for local sports activities. The Ford Test Track was the original test track facility for Ford Motor Company of Canada. In 1979 Ford agreed to lease t...

Forest Glade Optimist Park is a 30-acre park which offers a variety of year-round recreation options for people of all ages, including a twin-pad arena, community centre and library. The park also fea...

Ganatchio Park is sandwiched between Sandpoint Beach on the west and Stop 26 on the east so that the area appears to be a continuous 450 metres of uninterrupted riverfront. In reality it is really thr...

Ganatchio Trail features a two-lane paved pathway catering to rollerbladers, joggers, cyclists and walkers.
Ganatchio Trail is part of the Windsor Trail, which is planned to circle the City of Win...

Garry Dugal Park is an active recreational spot year round, thanks to its array of recreational facilities. The park was originally created to augment the activities of Gino A. Marcus Community Comple...

Although the City purchased the site of Garwood Park along with five other sites in 1923, it was not until 1965 that the park was formally named. A swing set was installed and a creative play unit was...

As a linear property, Gateway Park begins at Riverside Drive and runs nearly 1 kilometre south to Wyandotte Street. It is between 50 to 70 metres wide and bordered on each side by a thick overgrowth o...

George Avenue Park was purchased in 1925 from the estates of both the Henkel and Lacroix families. Together, these two acquisitions were developed into parkland in 1927. Financing was provided through...

This neighbourhood park was acquired in a few pieces, beginning with a purchase of a parcel of land from Purity Dairies in 1953, then additional purchases of land in 1994 and 1996 bringing it to its c...

In 1953, the developer of the Bridgeview subdivision dedicated six small parcels of vacant land for park purposes. Girardot Park, located at the corner of Rankin Avenue and Girardot Street, is essenti...

Equipped with a play unit and a large baseball diamond, Goldenwood Park is an ideal place to watch or play a little league baseball game.

Named for the presence of migrating geese that rest in its protective cove, Goose Bay Park is a quiet, tranquil stretch of waterfront parkland away from the urban bustle. Overlooking the Detroit River...

Udine Park, Jennifer Park, and Brookview Park are now all linked with Howard Avenue Park along the Grand Marais drain.  An agreement between Ontario Hydro and the city provided for the development of...

Great Western Park anchors the eastern end of Windsor's famous riverfront park system. It is located along the Detroit River between Aylmer Avenue and Lincoln Road. In addition to the riverfront views...

A linear park running through the heart of the Hall Farm Estates/Devonshire Heights subdivision, Hall Farm Park was developed in three stages between 1979 and 1985. The linear park system was designed...

In 1982, Hawthorne Park was established in the northwest corner of the Little River Golf Course. Adjacent to several clusters of condominiums and apartment buildings, the park serves the recreational...

The Herb Gray Nature Reserve is a part of the Southwood Lakes development. The wooded preserve in Southwood Lakes was dedicated in 1995, as a tribute to the Honourable Herb Gray, MP in appreciation of...

The future Hiram Walker Parkette will be located on the southeast corner of Devonshire Road at Riverside Drive East and will include new pathways, concrete and flat paver work, grading, drainage, reta...

Homesite Park, not to be confused with Walker Homesite Park, is today a well‑equipped neighbourhood park. In 1982, the 44th Windsor Venturer Company led a spirited campaign to restore Homesite Park to...

Both Union Gas and the City of Windsor own a portion of Howard Avenue Park. In 1986, representatives of Union Gas met with Department of Parks and Recreation officials in an effort to establish a mutu...

Five acres of green space and a walking trail provide a passive buffer along this busy stretch of roadway.

Jackson Park, with its more than 10,000 plants, is undoubtedly one of Windsor's foremost attractions. Visitors to the Queen Elizabeth II Sunken Garden's can enjoy the flowers of the season: hundreds o...

Jennifer Park is a neighbourhood park equipped with a basketball court and soon to have a new accessible play unit.

The Wildflower Garden's sculpted layout is inspired by the gentle waves and steady current of the Detroit River. The restorative landscaping with an emphasis on native plants and wildflowers was desig...

This small one-quarter-acre parcel on the south-east side of the intersection of Howard Avenue at Allendale Street offers neighbourhood residents some additional green space to rest and enjoy the outd...

Formerly known as University Avenue Park, this small park was created in 1988 when the City authorized closing the alley running between University Avenue and Assumption Street. Normally equipped with...

In 1994, the park was redeveloped to include a retaining wall to separate the park from the alley. Picnic tables and benches were also added to the park to provide an enjoyable space for lunches and r...

Almost from the date the park was established in 1954, residents of the area have referred to it simply as Norman Road Park. While there is another Kinsmen Park, located on Chatham Street, the Norman...

Kiwanis Park complements the Ganatchio Trail and Clairview Bikeway, which runs along its southern edge, and is equipped with a ball diamond, parking lot, walking trails and play equipment. This park,...

Kominar Park is a gem among the neighbourhood parks in the Windsor parks system. It has vast open space for passive park use and is equipped with a play unit that will be replaced with a new accessibl...

Interestingly, this park was named after a lake in northern Italy. The park includes an array of play equipment, trails, planting, and a maintenance building. The Department of Parks and Recreation do...

This passive park is quite small but quite beautiful. It is equipped with benches and a beautiful view of the lake, which serves as a stormwater retention pond to control neighbourhood flooding.

Lake Laguna Park is just less than one acre and was developed in 2001 as part of the Southwood Lakes subdivision. Lake Laguna is one of four Southwood Lakes stormwater retention ponds that control nei...

The park was developed with an observation deck overlooking Lake Grande, plantings and a walkway. Local citizens of the surrounding community in Southwood Lakes petitioned the City of Windsor for the...

The former Pelee Channel lighthouse, which served as a navigation aid to the Lake Erie shippers since 1902, was reconstructed as a feature of Lakeview Park Marina. The Thomas building, located at the...

The property for Langlois Court Parkette was dedicated to the City by many different developers. Located in the area of the Langlois Court subdivision, the park officially opened in 1986. It is part o...

Lanspeary Park, an 11-acre park, was developed with the assistance of the Lions Club of Windsor. It is the site of the annual Windsor Labour Day festival.
Lanspeary Park also houses the Parks and...

For many years, this land, although dedicated as neighbourhood parkland, sat vacant and unused. The City installed a large play unit at this park in the 1995 playground improvements project and has si...

This property was acquired for the construction of the Caron Avenue Pumping Station. It has been accessible to the public for many years and is a favourite fishing spot. In 1999, the grounds were refu...

For many years this site has been used for the rearing of nursery stock for the City's forestry division.

Designed primarily as a fun park for young children in the Riverside area, Little River Acres is equipped with an assortment of playground equipment, a hard surface play area and a soccer field. The p...

Running along the south side of Little River Boulevard between Florence Avenue and Chateau Avenue is a strip of land that has been developed into a recreationway connecting Little River Corridor on th...

Little River Corridor provides a strategic link between Forest Glade and Riverside Drive. It offers residents a picturesque walking route between two growing communities.
Numerous trail systems ru...

The area of Twin Oaks Park was acquired as part of a deal made with industrial developers in the area. The City aided the developers in servicing the land, and in exchange the developers redesigned th...

With each new subdivision development, a portion of the land must be dedicated as parkland. This property on the corner of Firgrove Drive and Magnolia Avenue belongs to the City and will be developed...

This 175-acre park features the highest hill in Essex County. Naturalized biking and cycling trails wind up and down the hills and through paved and wood-chipped trails.
The Malden Park Visitor Ce...

This beautiful park is equipped with both a baseball diamond and a children’s play unit. It was established when the Devonwood South subdivision was developed in the area in 1997.

Marguriet Park was acquired and developed in 1997. The original play unit has been replaced with a new accessible play unit, creative play panels, and swings, all with rubber surfacing. A new bike rac...

When the Mark Avenue Sewage Treatment Plant was closed down in 1974, the Department of Parks and Recreation established Mark Avenue Park at the site. The original play equipment, seen in the street vi...

The focal point for this performing and visual arts park is a Victorian gazebo designed by the Department of Parks and Recreation. With a diameter of ten metres, the wooden gazebo features ornate dent...

Trees and passive open green space give neighbourhood residents space to relax and enjoy the outdoors.

This neighbourhood park was named after a pioneer in the metal stamping industry in Windsor, Matthew Rodzik. It total 5.56 acres and provides recreational opportunities for the community
Highlight...

In 1966, this park on Malden Road was renamed in honour of Maurice Belanger, a former Windsor resident who made significant contributions to the development of Mic Mac, Ojibway and Jackson parks. Toda...

Mayfair School closed down in 1971 after 44 years of operation. At the time of its closing, the Department of Parks and Recreation began leasing the six‑room school house from the Board of Education f...

Nestled in on the east side Little River Corridor, and adjacent to the WFCU Centre, the property for McHugh Park was acquired in 2004 and developed with four soccer fields, support buildings, and park...

At the foot of Chewitt Street between Russell Street and the Detroit River
McKee Park represents the City's first effort to provide public access to local boaters.
Highlights
Free public b...

Meadowbrook Park is a 4 acre park packed with ammenities for neighbourhood children and their parents

Although immaculately groomed, Mic Mac Park is perhaps best known today as the home of both the Windsor Athletic Association and the Windsor Chiefs Baseball Club. It boasts facilities for almost every...

Although Mill Street Park was established in 1926, it did not receive very much attention from anyone – residents, tourists or City Hall – until 1991, when it was revamped through the Provincial P.R.I...

Mitchell Park is named in honour of Frank J. Mitchell, Windsor's Chief Magistrate from 1924-1926. Mitchell Park is a multipurpose facility, complete with soccer and football fields, a basketball court...

A multiuse trail runs along the south side Little River Boulevard between Florence Avenue and Banwell Road. A playground just east of Clover Avenue is a feature of this small park which would otherwis...

Established in 1953 by the developer of the Bridgeview subdivision, North Merritt Park is a neighbourhood park euqipped with a small play unit, bench and solar lighting.

Developed in the late 1990's North Talbot Park is a 3.5 acre neighbourhood park with a baseball diamond, parking lot, and recently upgraded accessible playground.

A tiny neighbourhood park, just over 1/2 an acre in size, this open green space provides a spot for neighbourhood residents to relax under a tree or utilize the open area for some outdoor games.

In the late 1980's with input from a local neighbourhood citizen group, Oak Elm Park was developed with funding from a provincial neighbourhood improvement grant.
2021 Aerial Image of Oak Elm Park...

A lot has changed over the years as this park developed from it's beginnings in the 1960's. Additional land purchases, the construction and eventual twinning of the arena, and a couple of name changes...

Ojibway Park is the hub of activity at the Ojibway Prairie Complex. Most visitors initially visit here before exploring other regions of the Complex. Ojibway Park features an excellent Nature Centre a...

Running the length of Ojibway Parkway from the end of the E. C. Row Expressway to the city limits at Morton Drive, commuters are given the option of riding their bicycles to work with various active t...

Frank L. Mallory Optimist-Memorial Park provides more than 50 acres of parkland. Originally named Senator Kennedy Park, Memorial Park was first established in 1925. The site boasts a magnificent stand...

With plenty of open space for a variety of outdoor recreation, and a new accessible play unit, Parent Park gives residents lots to enjoy in this neighbourhood park.

A few blocks east of Bellewood Park, appearing as an extention to the adjacent school yard, residents have Partington Park with a soccer field, some play equipment and open green space to enjoy outdoo...

Paterson Park, located on the south side of Sandwich Street at Detroit Street, was originally called Detroit Street Park until 1961, when the site was renamed in honour of a former City of Windsor Cou...

Patrick Maquire Park is a busy neighbourhood park with plenty of options for residents to enjoy outdoor activites.

Paul Martin Gardens was established in Willistead Park in 1995. It has become a popular venue for wedding photography because of the abundance of flowering perennials and roses. Reservations for weddi...

Videos:
Improvements to the Island in 2018
Peche Island Natural Features
Peche Island Tour Day Safety
Peche Island Tour Boat Safety
Peche Island Poem
Tours:
Peche Islan...

Peche Island Landing was established in 1979, when the City purchased two adjoining riverfront lots and is primarily a rest area or 'pocket‑park' along Windsor's riverfront, offering visitors a clear,...

With the popularity of Reaume Park, Coventry Gardens, and the Peace Fountain, parking would sometimes become a good problem to have, so the Parks Department was able to purchase some property one bloc...

Plymouth isn't a park in the traditional sense, but rather 'park land' that is fully fenced in and used exclusively as a storm water management area.

Running along the top of bank, on the north side of the Grand Marais Drain, on the south side of Radisson Avenue is a smooth asphalt trail between Bruce Avenue on the east and Acadamy Drive on the wes...

The Riverside Minor Baseball Association has been utilizing the park's Maheux Field for several years now, and the multi-purpose field (ideally suited for football, soccer or rugby games) is usually b...

A showplace and tourist attraction on the banks of the Detroit River, Reaume Park was designed for relaxation, recreation and as a place of civic pride. It features the Peace Fountain, the only intern...

Remington Booster Park boasts an enviable collection of facilities for all four seasons. During 2000-2002, the pool was totally rebuilt, and a spray pad and tot pool were added. In 2004, an outdoor wa...

With sports courts, soccer fields, and new play equipment installed in the recently renovated Little River Acres, and Little River Corridor parks across the street, having a quiet open space park with...

Home of the Riverside Baseball Park, this popular sports-oriented park is well equipped. The park, originally named St. Rose Park, was renamed in 1999 to honour the Riverside Baseball Club and their u...

In 1966, the local Kiwanis Club expressed an interest in seeing the site of the Little River Sewage Treatment Plant converted into usable public parkland. By early 1967, this park located in the Littl...

A park since the sixties, Robert McDonald Park has served the surrounding residents for decades with a variety of sports fields and play equipment.

Developed as part of the surrounding subdivision, Robert Park, with it's playground and basketball key, gives neighbourhood residents a place to relax and enjoy some outdoor activity.

The City acquired this four‑acre park when the Township of Sandwich South was annexed in 1962. Since that time, the playground equipment at the park has been upgraded on several occasions. Currently,...

The site of Roseville Gardens Park is between two parcels of land owned by the Windsor Separate School Board, who lease the park site from the City for a nominal fee of $1 per year. Although Roseville...

This five-acre site is easily the most popular beach in the city. During the hottest months of the year, the sandy site is a veritable magnet, attracting both dedicated sun worshippers and those seeki...

Between 1960 and 1962, Provincial Park was developed as an extension of City Hall Square. Often, the twin sites are referred to as the same area. When Senator David Croll passed away in 1990, Provinci...

This Forest Glade area park is one of the few naturally wooded parks in the city. It was developed in the early 1980s in response to the neighbourhood’s rapidly growing population.

The Rotary Club of Windsor-St. Clair in partnership with the City of Windsor Parks and Recreation Department has built a gazebo and park on the vacant riverfront land.
Highlights

Pavilion...

Shinglecreek Park is a linear strip of land at the north end of Devonwood Conservation Area with pedestrian links from Shinglecreek Court, Devonshire Heights Park, and Walker Homesite Biketrail. This...

Somme Park was renamed from its former name of Ypres Park to avoid confusion with Optimist Memorial Park on Ypres Boulevard. Somme Park has undergone some recent redevelopment and offers many welcomed...

Since this decision in 1995, the city has been making land exchanges with various developers to obtain the 33 acres known as South Cameron Woodlot. Most of the park remains in it's natural state inclu...

One of six parks established in 1953 by the developer of the Bridgeview subdivision, the small corner park contains a community garden for the neighbourhood.

At the eastern city limit on the south side of Riverside Drive, South Rendezvous Park is a great starting or ending point for enjoying all that the Ganatchio Trail and city riverfront parkland has to...

In the mid 1980s, the developer of a new subdivision in the Southdale area dedicated the required five percent of the land for parkland purposes. At a series of public meetings in 1987 and 1988, area...

This multi-use trail runs the length of Southwood Lakes Boulevard connecting many Southwood Lakes Parks to the Herb Gray Nature Reserve. Residents can walk, jog, or ride their bicycles along the smoot...

Spring Garden features dry prairie, buttonbush swamp and wetland plus habitats similar to nearby protected areas. This site supports one of the very few populations of Eastern Mississauga rattlesnakes...

This small corner lot at the intersection of Springhollow Drive and Luxury Avenue is one quarter acre in size with play unit and benches for parents or children's caregivers to relax while the little...

St. Paul Pumping Station sits on 4 acres of Windsor's beautiful riverfront parkland offering endless views towards the Detroit skyline in the distance, to Michigan's Belle Islle just 800 metres offsho...

This quarter acre lot is a great little spot for children to use their imaginations on some creative play equipment with nearby benches for parents or caregivers to have a rest while the kids are play...

St. Rose Beach, was assembled one small parcel at a time over a five year period between 1967 and 1975. Opened during
Canada's Centennial in 1967, it was just five years later, in 1972, that a

Six acre park at the corner of Kildare Road and Seneca Street. Stodgell Park had a new accessible creative play structure installed in 2018, complete with rubber safety surfacing. In 2022 a new parkin...

Stonebrook Park is a one-half acre linear park along Southwood Lakes Boulevard at it's east intersection with North Talbot Road at Sixth Concession. This small park forms a passive green space entranc...

Stop 26 Beach is generally known today as "The Beach", a name it shares with Ganatchio and Sandpoint parks, which are located to the immediate west. Stop 26 Beach is used mostly for windsurf...

In 1963, Straith Park was named in honour of Catherine M. Straith, a former Ward Four Alderperson in Windsor. However, many area residents still referred to the site as Riverview Park, a name the park...

The original property for Superior Park was acquired by Sandwich West Township and named after Superior Street. It was expanded in separate transactions throughout the early 1970s. In 1973, a land exc...

Tallgrass Prairie Heritage Park, named after the tallgrass prairie which once dominated central North America, contains the largest pond system in the Ojibway Complex. Also in this park is the largest...

This 8.2-acre neighbourhood park between Lauzon Road and Tecumseh Road along the banks of Little River has a multi-use trail that links Hawthorne Drive to Tecumseh Road and a recently installed pedest...

On the east side of Lauzon Road between the E.C. Row Expressway and County Road 42 is this recently donated parcel of land, which has added over 10 acres of woodland to the City of Windsor Parks Depar...

In 1947, the City purchased approximately six acres of residential property from Mrs. Elaine MacKay and converted the land into open park space. Twenty years later, Princess Elizabeth Park was renamed...

Named in honour​ of Ford Thurston, a former Sandwich East police chief and the first president of the Sandwich East Kiwanis Club, Thurston Park was established in 1969 and subsequently expanded in 197...

In 1967 and 1968, Tranby Park was expanded when the City closed sections of Parkview, Virginia and Edward avenues. In 1969, construction on the nearby Isabelle Park subdivision was in its final phase,...

Udine Park, named in honour of Windsor's sister city Udine Italy is linked with Howard Avenue Park along the Grand Marais drain. An agreement between Ontario Hydro and the City provided for the develo...

The neighbourhood community worked together in the 1990s to raise money for the development of this park. A poll of the children in the community resulted in the first choice of a basketball court to...

Veterans' Memorial Park is an active park equipped with tennis courts, and a softball diamond.

This currently undeveloped 16-acre community park off South Cameron Boulevard has great potential to serve the recreational needs for many generations of citizens of the city of Windsor. When budget a...

Following a complicated land negotiation between the Ontario Casino Corporation, Marathon Delco Inc. (former owner of Ramada Inn property), the Art Gallery of Windsor and the City of Windsor, the City...

The Walker Homesite Trail parallels Walker Homesite Park connecting it with Hall Farm Park and Devonwood Conservation Area.

The park site at the corner of Kildare Road and Wyandotte Street East was purchased in 1986 from Gerald J. Pouget, and named Kildare Park until 1990. The name of the park was formally changed after th...

An Ontario Neighbourhood Improvement Program grant from the Province of Ontario allowed the City to proceed with the development of Wellington Park in 1984. The Wellington Crawford Citizens Committee,...

Just one block east of Ford Test Track, Westcott Park sits between Alice Street to the south and Reginald Street to the north. The four-acre park has a large open green space for residents and their c...

The WFCU Centre​ is home to the Windsor Spitfires. Its hosts internationally recognized performers, as well as hosting minor hockey tournaments, basketball games and leisure community programs.
P...

The Department of Parks and Recreation joined forces with the Drouillard Road Business Improvement Association (BIA) in order to develop and maintain the new park. Essentially, the Drouillard Road BIA...

Established in 1908, Wigle Park was Windsor's first official park, and the field house remains the oldest in the city. In recent years Wigle Park has undergone some upgrades, including a new accessibl...

This six-acre neighbourhood park on Wildwood Drive in Forest Glade east of Robinet Road is home to an accessible play unit, a soccer field, and a walking trail around its perimeter, providing area res...

The property surrounding Willistead Manor, appropriately named Willistead Park, contains over 300 trees, including Windsor's only persimmon, a tree native to the southern United States. As well, the p...

Understandably, many Windsorites believe that Wilson Park was created in 1968 when the Adie Knox Herman Recreation Complex was constructed. Actually, this 9.3-acre community park has been in existence...

Windsor's chain of riverfront parks located on Riverside Drive West from the Ambassador Bridge to Church Street, is home to the Windsor Sculpture Park. The park features large-scale contemporary sculp...

This 1.2-acre neighbourhood park sits along Southwood Lakes Boulevard, providing area residents with green space, a play unit, pathway with a few benches, and a storm water management pond.

​​​​​​​​​​​
 

 Contact Us

 
Parks and Recreation

2450 McDougall Street
Windsor, Ontario
Canada
N8X 3N6

Telephone: For general information, call 311​
For detailed inquiries, call (519) 253-2300. 
Fax: (519) 255-7990 
Email: parkrec@citywindsor.ca​