If you require a new collection calendar for this year, or if you have any questions about leaf collection, call 311.
Basic Leaf Collection Requirements:
- Acceptable yard waste containers include the following:
- Paper yard waste bags
- Cardboard boxes
- Garbage cans
- Approved roll-out cart
- Leaves and yard waste will not be collected in plastic bags.
- Yard waste should be placed at the curb (no alley collection) by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled day. To increase collection efficiency, please put yard waste at a common location with an adjacent neighbour.
- In the fall, put aside several bags of leaves for next spring and summer. Leaves are a great source of carbon for your backyard composter, and carbon can be hard to find in the spring.
- Run over fallen leaves with your mower. Mulched leaves add valuable nutrients to your lawn.
- Mow or mulch leaves prior to putting them into an acceptable container - three containers worth will now fit into one!
- Don't rake your leaves into the street. It is unlawful and creates a dangerous road condition.
- Leaves are a natural and beneficial source of carbon! Add them to your flower gardens or backyard composter, and mulch them up for your lawn. Reduce the number of paper bags you use, save money, and help us increase collection efficiency.
Public Works, Environmental Division
3540 North Service Road East
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call 519-974-2277 ext. 3121.