Where Your Money Goes
What is the 2021 Recommended Municipal Tax Levy Being Spent On?
Net Budget: $426.6 million
- Police Services, $93.8 million
- Funding of Capital Projects and Reserves, $81.8 million
- Fire Rescue and Ambulance Services, $64.7 million
- Payments to School Boards, $52.2 million
- Parks, Facilities, Recreation and Culture, $48.9 million
- Public Works and Related, $44.7 million
- Community Development, Housing and Health Services, $22.1 million
- General Corporate Support, $18.4 million
Distribution of Education Tax Revenue to School Boards
- According to the Education Act, the municipality is required to pay the Public and Separate School boards their quarterly share of the education tax levy on March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 15 of each year.
For more information and access to City services, facilities, and programs outlined above, call 311 or browse this website. Alternatively, call (519) 255-CITY (2489). Service is available in over 150 languages.