Property Taxes and Assessment
In accordance with the 2020 City of Windsor User Fee Schedule, please note the following updates:
Please note the following fees remain the same as 2019:
Expedited Tax Certificate: $135.60 ($120 plus HST)
Tax Certificate: $84.75 ($75 plus HST)
New Ownership/Ownership Change: $75
New Property Account: $75
Non-Sufficient Funds/Returned Item: $50
My Property Tax Lets You Access, Change and Request Your Tax Info Online
My Property Tax allows you to view details about your tax bills, upcoming due dates, balances and more, as well as request tax statements and advise of updates to your account online.
To get started, property owners must visit the E-Services page on the City’s Website, and then choose My Property Tax to set up an account. Upon successful registration, users can visit My Property Tax for access to:
- View information specific to your property(s) through the secure password protected site
- Enroll in a pre-authorized payment plan (PAP)
- Cancel/change/update ownership info (e.g. mailing address)
- Provide a letter of authorization if you need somebody to act on your behalf
- Request a statement of account, income tax receipt or tax certificate
- View a detailed transaction history list for your property(s)
My Property Tax complements the Public Tax Assessment and Property Information service (also available from the E-Services tab), which provides open access to public information on properties throughout the city.
For more information on assessment and taxes call 311.
How do our taxes in Windsor compare to the Ontario average?
|Typical Detached Home (1,200 square feet)
|2 Storey Home
|Senior Executive Detached Home (3,000 square feet)
|Multi-Residential Walk Up Apartment
|Multi-Residential Mid/High Rise Apartment
|Commercial - Neighbourhood Shopping
|Commercial - Office Building
|Commercial - Hotel
|Commercial - Motel
|Industrial- Vacant Land
|Large Industrial Properties (>125,000 square feet)