Paying Your Taxes
We've made it easy and convenient for you to process your City of Windsor tax payments. Tax payments can be made via any of the following options:
Approved Bank, Credit Union, or Trust Company
- Present the original tax billing with installment stub to any approved bank, credit union, or trust company, on or before, the installment due date shown on the tax billing.
- Submit payment by mail to:
- Tax Collector,
City of Windsor Finance Department
350 City Hall Square West, Suite 410
Electronically (telephone, online banking)
Please use the 15-digit roll number as the account number (this can be found on the Property Tax Bill or Statement of Account).
Please contact your financial institution for further details with respect to telephone or online banking.
With Your Mortgage
- Pay with your mortgage: Please contact the company that holds your mortgage for details.
Pre-authorized Payment Plans
Who is eligible?
If your property tax payments are paid and up-to-date, you are eligible to enroll in a Plan. All arrears must be paid in full prior to enrollment in a plan. If you have taxes owing, please contact the City (see below) for information on the Pre-authorized Payment Plan for Tax Arrears.
Arrears Tax Payments
Please contact the City (see below) to receive special instructions and an application for tax accounts that are in arrears.
Due to late payment charges at rate of 1.25% per month (15% annualized) taxpayers are encouraged to seek alternate financing through options such as their financial institution. If this is not possible, please refer to the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan for Tax Arrears 5-year payment plan information flyer (PDF).
Drop-off boxes available:
- Main lobby at City Hall - Customer Service Counter
This is available between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Customer Care Centres:
Hours of operation for Customer Care Centres are:
- Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Closed on Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Please note: property tax payments made at drop-off boxes must be in a sealed envelope and the method of payment must be by cheque or bank draft only.
Note: If two (2) cheques are returned N.S.F (non sufficient funds), a certified cheque or bank draft/money order will thereafter be required to pay taxes. Additionally, an N.S.F. fee of $50.00 must be paid before any amounts can be applied to your outstanding taxes or other municipal fees.
Still have questions on paying your taxes?
- Call 311 if you are within city boundaries,
- Or (519) 255-2489 if you are outside city boundaries (or if you are calling from a business phone that has not been programmed to recognize "311")
A customer service representative will be available to answer inquiries at 350 City Hall Square West, 1st Floor Customer Service. Cash-debit payments, however, will not be accepted at the service counter.