Student Ambassador Program
Transit Windsor in partnership with the Mayor's Youth Advisory Committee (MYAC), developed a program to help promote transit in the community, and to provide input from the youth perspective to Transit Windsor. Transit was a key issue identified by the community youth during MYAC open forum meetings.
The Student Ambassador Program (SAP) was formed to create a "grassroots" approach to reaching the student population. The duties of an Ambassador are:
- To gain an understanding of Transit Windsor including its history, operations and administration aspects, as well as the importance of sustainable transportation.
- To promote the use of Transit Windsor to their student peers.
- To provide and up-keep a designated area or bulletin board to showcase and distribute Transit Windsor information in their respective school.
- To attend and/or volunteer time for community events in the promotion and distribution of Transit Windsor information to the general public.
- To act as a contact person for Transit Windsor Administration to relay information to Ambassadors for dissemination within the school. Such things include postings of updated school extras, announcements of cancelled buses, special announcements through the P.A. system, etc.
- To meet monthly during the school year to discuss and implement initiatives for the enhancement of our Transit system.
- To fill out an online monthly report card within the allotted time frame in order to secure a complimentary monthly bus pass.
For more detailed information, call 519-255-6100 ext. 6628.
3700 North Service Road East
Phone: For detailed inquiries, call 519-944-4111. For general inquiries, call 311.