Recipients of Ontario Works may access information pertaining to their assistance by phoning 1-800-808-2268.
- Applicants or recipients have the right to appeal any decision that affects eligibility or the amount of assistance provided with which they disagree.
- The appeal is a two-step process involving an Internal Review and, if unsuccessful at this stage, an appeal to the Social Benefits Tribunal**.
- The Internal Review process requires a written statement submitted within 30 days of the date of the decision from the applicant/recipient explaining why they disagree with a decision.
- An official of the department other than the person making the original decision conducts the Internal Review at the local office.
- A letter is sent with the Internal Review decision and further instructions on how to appeal to the Social Benefits Tribunal.
Forms are available for both Internal Appeals and appeals to the Social Benefits Tribunal at the local office.
** The Social Benefits Tribunal is a branch of the Ministry of Community and Social Services and is not affiliated with the local office. The Tribunal will only hear appeals that have first had an Internal Review.
For more information on the appeals process visit the Ministry of Community and Social Services website.
In Windsor call 311 for general information. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-5200.
Fax: (519) 255-1011 or (519) 255-1503
In Leamington call (519) 946-9988.
Fax: (519) 322-3529 or toll free at 1-866-763-1222
Drop off at Customer Care Centres:
Required documents or letters can be dropped off at any of the Customer Care Centres located in the various wards of the city. Please visit our Customer Care Centres page for a listing of participating locations and hours of operation.