Intersection Control Features
- Each signalized intersection has full upload and download capabilities from the central office as a feature of the system. Intersections change timing plans on a time-of-day basis, in a coordinated system. Adaptive traffic control is being implemented.
- Currently, 289 intersections operate within the boundaries of the City of Windsor.
- Traffic Operations has been implementing new technology such as Red, Amber and Green LED sections (since 1994), Walk and Don't Walk LED sections and pedestrian LED signals, some with countdown indicators.
- Congestion management features have been added to deal with over-saturated traffic conditions.
- Pedestrian walk extension times are implemented at various high pedestrian locations by a time-of-day function.
- To request the timings for the traffic signals of a specific intersection a written request must be sent to the Manager of the Traffic Operations Division at 1269 Mercer Street.
Traffic Operations Division
1269 Mercer Street
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., holidays excepted.
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6293.