Computerized Signal System
The Computerized Traffic Signal System employs a "distributed" system design, by implementing intelligent units at all on-street locations and a Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) at the Traffic Operations Centre. This design provides a means of backup support should any component of the system fail, and also provides a continuously operating system to the motoring public.
The Kadence adaptive traffic module will be implemented to adjust timings when unexpected traffic conditions arise.
- Reduction in stop and delay time
- Reduction in overall trip times
- Reduction in fuel consumption, vehicle emissions and maintenance costs
- Emergency vehicle priority pre-emption operation reduces response times
- 10,000 intersections
- 50,000 system detectors
- 100 traffic control sections, changeable by time of day
- 50 timing plan programs available per intersection, 20 time-of-day plan changes
- 64 detectors available per intersection
Traffic Operations Division
1269 Mercer Street
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., holidays excepted.
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6293.