Signs and Markings
Traffic signs and markings are the responsibility of two operating units:
- The Sign Shop manufactures all regulatory and informational signage for installation on the public right-of-way, as well as manufacturing signage for special projects, various city contracts and supply for other municipal departments.
- The Sign Shop also provides identification graphics for the fleet of City vehicles.
- The Operations unit is responsible for the installation and maintenance of over 90,000 information and regulatory signs, in addition to painting all pavement markings at 289 signalized intersections and over 260 miles (416 kilometres) of roadway.
- Additionally, the division provides signage and/or pavement markings for a number of municipalities as requested.
- To report a missing, broken, or defaced traffic sign please call 311 during normal business hours or the Windsor Police Department at (519) 258-6111 after hours.
- To receive information on a specific traffic sign, a written request must be sent to the Manager of the Traffic Operations Division at 1269 Mercer Street.
Traffic Operations Division
1269 Mercer Street
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6292.