Programs & Services
Are you unemployed/under-employed or working less than 20 hours per week and looking for suitable work?
We can help!
The City of Windsor's Employment and Training Services (ETS) can offer something to every job seeker:
- Help direct and focus your efforts;
- Use our assessment process to assist you in focusing on transferable skills that help to build an effective resume and focus your job search;
- Identify areas of your job search process that can be improved, and help you connect with employers.
ETS will identify and work with you on strengthening your:
- Career goals
Job search strategies
- Working one-on-one with skilled employment counselors gives you the personal attention you would expect with quality service.
- ETS can help you access new contacts and understand the hidden job market and make you available for job matching.
- Second Career Strategies offers eligible participants access to government funding for school/skills development ~ check out Second Career Strategies to learn more.
- Ontario Job Creation Partnership projects offer eligible participants an opportunity to participate in temporary work experiences aimed at building skills, references and work experience related to current career goals ~ refer to Ontario Job Creation Partnership for more information.
- Training incentives are available to employers as a tool when negotiating with potential employers for full-time work ~ see Employment Placement & Training Incentive page to learn more.
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada.