2288 *Location is LEAMINGTON, ON
Manufacturing / Skilled Trades
Full-time, three shifts
Minimum Qualifications (non negotiable):
Responsibilities include but not limited to, operating a robotic cell, ensure the robot is efficient,
report any defects, and other duties as required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES REQUIRED
• 1+ years experience MIG Welding
• Physically capable of lifting in excess of 40lbs
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Must have steel toe boots
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be able to work any 3 shifts and overtime when needed
Preferred but negotiable:
• Ownership – Take pride in the work that is accomplished, and understand the
function or process flow for the larger picture.
• Organization – Able to maintain process to ensure all relevant information or tools
• Attention to Detail – Attend to details and pursue quality in the accomplishment of
tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
• Adaptability – Adapt and respond to changing conditions, priorities, technology and
• Results Orientation – Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which
they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past
• Weld quality welds using the robotic welder
• Lift, twist and place finished parts on a skid or bin
• Refer to white sample
• Understand and troubleshoot when the robot gives a problem code
• Return the robot to home position
• Restart the program from last completed position or weld.
• Ensure all products adhere to the production specifications of the customer
• Utilize jigs and fixtures to produce successful parts and report any defects
• Read and interpret blue prints and process sheets
• Operate hand tools
• Read a tape measure to take critical measurements
• Maintain safe work practices
• Conduct repairs, modifications or retrofits
• Assist in training & mentoring newer employees
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment i.e. work station, lunchroom etc.
• Present a professional image of Essex Weld Solutions, and a personal commitment
to the safety and well being of all employees.
• Participate in continuous improvements, 5S and 8 Waste initiatives, including and not
limited to processes, production flow etc.
• Report any hazards to the Plant Manager or Supervisor immediately so corrective
action can be taken.
• Support the Health & Safety Program
• Adhere to Section 28 of OHSA (Canada)
• Practice safe and proper use of machinery and tools
• Perform all other duties as required
• You must adhere to Essex Weld Solutions Culture and Guiding Values as stated in
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this job or have any questions please contact:
Josie Castagna, Job Developer
(519) 977-6444 ext. 5533, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to Applicants:
If applying, please ensure you attach a copy of your cover letter/resume/and three references and quote the job posting number located in the upper left-hand corner of this form.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your resume will not be forwarded to the employer, however, we may still be of assistance with your job search. Please call us at 519-977-6444 to see if you are eligible to register if you are not already a client of ETS.
The City of Windsor – Employment and Training Services strives to protect all personal information submitted via the internet in response to job postings. We will not ask you to provide your social insurance number or banking or other financial information. Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. We cannot guarantee that data in our system is immune from unauthorized access. Please have this in mind when you decide to respond to job postings.