Minimum Qualifications (non negotiable):
Drivers License - maintains a good driving record.
Use of own vehicle may be required occasionally (mileage will be paid to compensate)
Ability to understand and interpret installation drawings and instruction sheets
Mechanically adept and knows how to safely use tools and equipment
Some carpentry skills an asset
Strength - can lift more than 50lbs; has physical strength and stamina required to lift and move furniture, casegoods, cabinets, boxes
Reaching - horizontal reaches (work with arms away from body), may be required to reach overhead
Agility - can work underneath desks, crawling, kneeling, may be required
Hand Dexterity - gripping, pinching and fine motor to handle small parts
Has good oral and written communication skills
Has strong customer service attitude and manner, communicates easily and clearly
Maintain a “positive” and cooperative “can do” attitude especially during problem resolution and difficult situations.
Ability to work in a team environment
Preferred but negotiable:
Preferred But Negotiable
Who We Are:
Ergonow is a company that provides office furniture, seating and office accessories to various clients in the Windsor Essex region. Our focus is on providing the right solution to our clients so that they can perform their job efficiently with increased productivity. Ergonow is looking for a Casual, part-time Installer that can help perform a variety of manual labour tasks.
- Perform efficient installation and assembly of office furniture within clients’ facilities, including systems furniture, individual desks, storage cabinets, wall-hung units, accessories, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned (this may include repairs to office chairs, installation of sit-stand units, keyboard trays, monitor arms, etc.)
- Load and unload product from delivery vehicles
- Performs site cleanup, remove all cartons and packaging, and ensures a high degree of customer satisfaction with the finished appearance of the site.
- Delivery of office products to clients
- Trouble shooting - must be able to trouble shoot on the spot
- Responsible for timely completion of the work with a high level of workmanship and a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Work hours are very sporadic; may not work for weeks at a time, but then may be required to perform daily work
- Work is performed during regular business hours Monday thru Friday. After business hours and weekend work may be required but is very rare
- Tools are provided
- Maintain a neat, clean, professional appearance by being properly uniformed and groomed
How To Apply
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this job please send resume and/or cover letter to
Julie Simpson, Job Developer 519-977-6444 ext 5197, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to Applicants:
If applying, please ensure you attach a copy of your resume and quote the job posting number located in the upper left-hand corner of this form.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your resume will not be forwarded to the employer, however, we may still be of assistance with your job search. Please call us at 519-977-6444 to see if you are eligible to register if you are not already a client of ETS.
The City of Windsor – Employment and Training Services strives to protect all personal information submitted via the internet in response to job postings. We will not ask you to provide your social insurance number or banking or other financial information. Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. We cannot guarantee that data in our system is immune from unauthorized access. Please have this in mind when you decide to respond to job postings.