Creative Community COVID-19 Resources
Support and Resources for Windsor's arts, culture and heritage sectors
#YQGStandsStrong because of our creative community – the artists, artisans and makers who give us our stories; our places and spaces; our locally produced products; and our unforgettable experiences. Like everyone in our community, our creatives are facing difficult days. The City is encouraging the community to continue to support the livelihood of our creatives in various ways:
Participate in an online art class;
Set up a commission with your favourite artist;
Donate, if you can, the value of a show or experience ticket back to the artist/group;
Share resources as you hear about them;
Buy artwork online;
Purchase gift cards for use with local artists/groups;
Participate in live streams of concerts, exhibit openings, sing-alongs, poetry readings, etc;
View and share online galleries; and
Share stories of your favourite artists, arts organizations, spaces, experiences, etc. online.
Windsor Mayor Drew Dilkens provides updates regularly on his social media platforms, including highlights of local creative community members.
Please note that this list is by no means complete, as new programs and initiatives are emerging in response to this pandemic.
- City of Windsor COVID-19 Updates
- Windsor-Essex County Health Unit COVID-19 Updates and Resources
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment
- Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Canadian Heritage’s FAQs
- Canada Council for the Arts’ FAQs
- Tool for risk-assessment of mass gatherings during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Venues that may be willing to offer space to governments and health authorities for testing spaces, clinics, etc. If you are interested in adding your venue, please enter your information directly into the spreadsheet.
- Document on various metric categories for COVID19 impacts that arts organizations are documenting
- Transit Windsor Rebate Program
- City of Windsor Cultural Affairs E-Blast – which we may use for COVID-19 updates
- Windsor Mayor’s Arts Awards and Windsor Endowment for the Arts (WEA) Postponement Update
- COVID-19 resources for Creative Community from Arts Council Windsor & Region
- COVID-19 freelance artists resources
- Canvas Artist Relief Fund by Canadian Arts Resources Foundation of Ontario (CARFO)
- #YQGStandsStrong campaign to celebrate everything we love about our region
- CBC Creative Relief Fund
- Writers Trust of Canada Emergency Relief Fund for Canadian Writers
- Social Distancing Festival
- How musicians can ask fans for support during COVID-19
- Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA)’s list of COVID-19 resources for Canada’s indie sector
- Canadian Association for the Performing Arts is asking you to track cancellations affecting the Canadian live performance sector.
- CBC has a list of resources for Canadian artists and freelancers (cross-disciplinary).
- I Lost My Gig is a Facebook support group for folks from various disciplines in the "gig economy" to gather, listen, and share.
- Music Managers Forum Canada’s resource page
- MusicOntario (it’s us!) is reposting all sorts of things on their socials for various updates, interesting content from the community, streaming events, and other tidbits to help pass the time.
- The National Arts Centre and Facebook Canada teamed up to launch #CanadaPerforms streaming concerts – musicians, comedians, dancers, singers, theatre artists, small ensembles, etc.
- Ontario Arts Council’s policies on COVID-19
- Ontario Creates has posted its COVID-19 Response Plan for stakeholders
- Ontario Presents is offering to host online phone-based meetings free of charge for any Ontario-based artist, agent, presenter, or other art presenting industry professional.
- Spotify has partnered with Unison Fund to help support the Canadian music community, matching donations
- Unison Benevolent Fund has announced a COVID-19 Relief Program providing assistance to Canada’s music community
- Unison’s list of national and provincial financial resources
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay creative.