Development & Heritage Standing Committee
(January 7, 2019 name changed from Planning, Heritage & Economic Development Standing Committee CR 7/2019)
Who We Are
The Development & Heritage Standing Committee is comprised of the following 5 members of City Council, with the Mayor as ex-officio:
*Members of the Standing Committees have not yet been determined.
Three citizens also serve on this Standing Committee dealing with Planning Act Matters.
Five citizens also serve on this Standing Committee dealing with Heritage Matters.
What We Do
The Development & Heritage Standing Committee typically meets on the second Monday of each month. The Administrative Advisors are the City Planner and the City Solicitor. The mandate of this Standing Committee shall be to study and report to Council on all matters relating to the following:
- Development, maintenance and enforcement of the City of Windsor's Official Plan
- Planning and infrastructure approvals
- Development, maintenance and enforcement of the City of Windsor's Zoning By-law
- Policy related to planning, environmental and infrastructure matters where applicable
- Building inspection services
- Community development initiatives (downtown neighbourhoods)
- International exchanges with Sister Cities
- Policy matters relating to economic development
- Business Improvement Areas
- Heritage matters
Reporting to the Development & Heritage Standing Committee are:
- Street and Alley Closing Committee
- Property Standards Committee
- International Relations Committee
- Windsor BIA Advisory Committee
Visit the City Council Meetings page.
Council Services Department
350 City Hall Square West, Room 530
Windsor, Ontario N9A 6S1
Phone: For general inquiries, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6211.
Fax: (519) 255-6868