Fees, Credits & Discounts
Parks and Recreation offers a variety of discounts to provide accessible services to our community:.
Seniors/Persons with Disabilities
- If you are age 60 and up or a person with a disability, you will receive 10 percent off the cost of our programs. No discounts apply to daily fees, rentals, material fees, memberships, trips (Arts Express) or family fee plans.
- Receive 10 percent off when three or more members of your immediate family register for programs in the same time period or session. Discounts do not apply to rentals, material fees or daily fees.
If you are on one of the following programs, Ontario Disability Support Program, Ontario Works or social assistance, you, your spouse and your children may be eligible for a special rate of 15 percent of the program fee for one program per session per person (only some programs are available). Participants must pay material fees. Contact centre supervisors for details.
- Children up to 17 years of age whose parents are eligible for Pathway to Potential may obtain a special rate of 10 percent of the program fee for one program per child per session (funds are limited). Participants must pay material fees. Participants are asked to bring a copy of the Canada Child Tax Benefit Notice when registering at the community centre or pool.
Social Service Assistance
- Financial assistance for day camps and our Before and After School programs may be available to you through our partnership with Social Services. To see if you are eligible for fee assistance for these programs, please contact Social Services at (519) 255-5312.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart
- Launched in 2005, Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a charitable program that helps youth in financial need participate in organized sports and recreation activities such as hockey, dance, soccer and swimming. The program covers costs such as registration fees, transportation and equipment. For more information about this excellent program, visit the Canadian Tire Jumpstart website.
- For applications, please complete the attached Jumpstart form and return it to Parks and Recreation.
- Please note discounts are not available when you register using reconnectwindsor.ca
- All accounts must be paid in full when registering using reconnectwindsor.ca. If you are eligible for a discount, you can be reimbursed as a credit after the full payment of the registration is made. Apply for your discount at your local community centre or pool.
- You may request a credit to your account if you decide to change your program registration. This credit will remain on your account for 12 months and can be applied to any program offered by our department. The credit will be for the pro-rated amount plus administrative fee once the program has started.
Day Camp Refunds:
- Refunds will only be granted if requested, in writing, fourteen (14) days in advance. Once the program has started, the material fees are non-refundable. The current administrative refund charge will be deducted for all Day Camp Refunds.
- An additional $6 per program will be charged when registering if you do not pay property or business taxes to the City of Windsor. Please note there are no non-resident fees applied to annual memberships for Adventure Bay Family Water Park.
Parks and Recreation
2450 McDougall Street
Contact your local community centre
Call 311 for general information, or 519-253-2300 for detailed inquiries.